TagVault.org is a non-profit organization that is a program of IEEE-ISTO. The goal of TagVault.org is to simplify and secure software identification procedures as well as to help the market transition from an antiquated software identification and reconcilitation process to a more automated process.
Members of TagVault.org enjoy many benefits including:
- Free tools developed or commissioned by TagVault.org
- Join working groups that are defining specific processes for use and architecture & API's for tools
- Access to source code for tools created by TagVault.org and contributed by other members
- The ability to create a certified regid and certified software identification tags so you can start publishing them with your software
- Topical and accurate information about software inventory, software asset managment, software assurance and related areas in the member library
- Forums in which to communicate and collaborate with other members to seek input, share ideas and more
How to Join
Joining is easy. Simply download a membership form, select the appropriate membership type for your organization and e-mail, fax or mail your completed form to us together with your payment. If you have any questions regarding membership, please contact us.
The following types of membership are available:
TagVault.org is structured as a non-profit member organization run by a board of directors. A small number of founding board positions are available. Founders receive a persistent board position as long as they remain members.
- Publisher Organization
- Provider Organization
- End-User Organization
- TagVault.org also provides special membership options and programs for governmental organizations including free memberships.
Members are bound by the bylaws of TagVault.org, and agree to abide by its policies.
TagVault.org is a member-driven organization and the more members from the SAM eco-system we have working together to solve the difficult problems of software assurance, software identification and software entitlement reconciliation, the better. As a neutral, third party, non-profit organization, TagVault.org is well-placed to make the implementation of software tags easier and faster for software publishers and SAM tool providers, while also making software asssurance and SAM much more managable for end-users and SAM practitioners.