If you’re interested in participating in the SWID tag signing working group, login to your members page and add your name to the working group there. If you need details on how to get to the members area, let Jane, or Steve know and we’ll be happy to provide the information you need. If you don’t have our e-mail addresses, please let us know via the Contact Us page..
The Charter for the Tag Signing Working Group is shown below:
Charter for Tag Signing Working Group
- This charter is for a ‘Working Group’ (‘WG’) which is acting on behalf of TagVault.org and which shall have primary responsibility for developing interoperability guidance and supporting documentation for SWID tag implementers and users that details how tags should be digitally signed and validated.
- The Chairperson of the WG (‘Chair’) shall be Brant Cheikes.
- Participation in the WG shall be open to the following:
- All members of TagVault.org.
- Non-members of TagVault.org who are both (a) working on behalf of a member of TagVault.org, and (b) providing unique technical expertise to the WG’s design and decision-making activities.
- WG membership composition: The Chair of the WG shall agree on the final composition of the WG along with the Executive Director of TagVault.org. All members of the WG will be required to remain active and contribute meaningful content to the WG in order to maintain their membership status.
- Copyright in all work products developed by the WG shall be held by IEEE-ISTO on behalf of TagVault.org, a program of IEEE-ISTO as specified in the TagVault.org membership agreement.
- The process by which the working group operates is defined in Article 8 of the TagVault.org bylaws which are available on the TagVault.org website.
- The names and contact information of all members of the WG shall be openly shared within the WG subject to members’ acknowledgement that such information shall be used for committee purposes only.
- The Chair shall be able to organize work in such ways as considered appropriate, including physical meetings, conference calls, and other forms of virtual collaboration. There shall be no minimum period of notification for calling a meeting of the WG except that reasonable care should be taken to obtain a consensus of WG members when scheduling meetings.
- The main work expected to be completed is the following, although this is subject to revision by the WG:
- Specification of technical procedures for digitally signing and certifying SWID tags
- Specification of technical procedures for validating SWID tag digital signatures
- Preparation of interoperability guidance and supporting documentation for SWID tag implementers and users that details how tags should be digitally signed and validated
- In the event of any problems or omissions in this charter or in the activity of the WG, in the first instance reference shall be made to the Executive Director of TagVault.org. The Board of Directors of Tagvault.org shall have final say.