There is no public list of names of American soldiers in Syria and no way to look up US soldier names in Syria.
If you are talking to someone on a dating site or app and claiming to be part of the US military in Syria (many say they’re in Damascus), it pays to heed caution. Most of these are scams.
There are a lot of scammers out there. They’re looking for people who are vulnerable and will believe their lies.
They’ll say anything to get your money.
Here’s how you can identify a scammer:
American Soldiers in Syria Scenario – How to Identify if a Scammer
There are a few things that scammers do that you should be on the lookout for:
1) They may contact you out of the blue on social media or online dating sites.
2) They may insist on moving chat to apps like WhatsApp or Telegram.
3) They may fall deeply in love almost instantly and call you by a pet name like sweetie, babe, etc.
4) They won’t video call.
5) Won’t use their military address. If they ask, they will say it’s not allowed or use a fake email. Military addresses end in .mil
6) Another way to identify a scammer is by the story they give. They may have a hard luck story about how the Army, UN, or bank has blocked his bank and access to his money.
They may have a story about how their significant other may have died in a tragic way, such as a car crash, childbirth, disease, etc.
His kids may be in private boarding school or be sick in the hospital.
Since he can’t access his own money he needs you (the new love of his life) to send him money, pay fees, or buy him things.
They will often ask for this money via bitcoin, cryptocurrency, or gift cards.
These are all ways that the money can’t be traced.
In some cases, they may ask you to transfer money for them by asking for your bank account number as a way for them to launder money.
7) Gets aggressive if the money is slow.
If any of these things have happened, chances are you’re talking to a scammer. Don’t let them take advantage of you. Be aware of the signs and don’t let yourself be scammed.
There are a lot of scammers out there trying to take advantage of people.
Be aware of the signs so that you don’t become a victim yourself.
If someone contacts you out of the blue, falls in love with you quickly or has a hard luck story, they may be trying to scam you.
Don’t let yourself be taken advantage of—be aware of the signs and protect yourself from scammers.