TagVault.org is a non-profit organization that is a program of IEEE-ISTO. The goal of TagVault.org is to simplify and secure software identification procedures as well as to help the market transition from an antiquated software identification and reconciliation process to a more automated process.
Members of TagVault.org enjoy many benefits including:
- Free tools developed or commissioned by TagVault.org
- Join working groups that are defining specific processes for use and architecture & API’s for tools
- Access to source code for tools created by TagVault.org and contributed by other members
- The ability to create a certified regid and certified software identification tags so you can start publishing them with your software
- Topical and accurate information about software inventory, software asset managment, software assurance and related areas in the member library
- Forums in which to communicate and collaborate with other members to seek input, share ideas and more
Download the membership information and Join TagVault.org now.
Spread the Word
TagVault.org is a member-driven organization and the more members from the SAM eco-system we have working together to solve the difficult problems of software assurance, software identification and software entitlement reconciliation, the better. As a neutral, third party, non-profit organization, TagVault.org is well-placed to make the implementation of software tags easier and faster for software publishers and SAM tool providers, while also making software assurance and SAM much more manageable for end-users and SAM practitioners.
Software assurance and SAM are not one-off projects, nor is it an easy process to implement them in an organization. Many of the reasons it is difficult and expensive to implement these programs have to do with the fact that software publishers and SAM tool providers have not defined standards that everyone can work with. The ISO/IEC 19770-2 standard is the first step towards making software assurance and SAM easier, less expensive and significantly less resource intensive. To contribute to the effort, encourage your organization to join TagVault.org, and send this flyer to your colleagues and peers to encourage broader membership.