If you’re looking for space names, usernames, and any moniker related to astronomy, you’re in the right place.
From stars, moons, and planets to asteroids, comets, and galaxies, there’s a wide range of options for people and pets alike.
With these inspired by astronomy usernames and space names, your imagination is truly the limit!
Let’s take a look.
Space Names for Boys (Male)
Here are a few suggestions for space-themed names for boys:
You could also consider names inspired by famous astronauts or figures in space exploration, such as Neil, Buzz, or Sally.
Alternatively, you could choose names that are related to celestial objects or space phenomena, like Eclipse, Aurora, or Comet.
Finally, you could consider names that are simply evocative of the vastness and mystery of space, like Stellar, Cosmos, or Infinity.
Space Names for Girl (Female)
Here are a few suggestions for space-themed names for girls:
]You could also consider names that are inspired by famous female astronauts or figures in space exploration, such as Mae, Sally, or Christina.
Or you could choose names that are related to celestial objects or space phenomena, like Andromeda, Orion, or Eclipse.
And you could consider names that are simply evocative of the vastness and mystery of space, like Cosmos, Infinity, or Nova.
40 Beautiful Space Themed Baby Names for Boys and Girls
Space Names Gender-Neutral
A few suggestions for space-themed names that are gender-neutral:
Space Names for Babies
A few suggestions for space-themed names for babies:
Space Names for Dogs & Pets
Some options for space-themed names for dogs and pets:
Space Names for Cats & Other Animals
Here are some space-themed names for cats and other animals:
- Luna (meaning “moon” in Latin)
- Apollo (dogs)
- Comet (ferrets)
- Solaris (horses)
- Andromeda (fish)
- Meteor (rats)
- Eclipse (birds)
Space Usernames Generator
In this article, we take a look at different space usernames across many different categories.
Here are some space-themed username ideas:
Space Usernames Ideas
Some unique space-themed username ideas:
Cute Aesthetic Space Usernames
Here are some cute, aesthetic space-themed username ideas:
Cool Space Usernames
Some cool space-themed username ideas:
Space Usernames for Instagram
Here are some space-themed username ideas for Instagram:
- CosmicDust Chronicles
Space Usernames for TikTok
Some ideas for space-themed TikTok usernames:
Space Usernames for Roblox
Below are some ideas for space-themed Roblox usernames:
Little Space Usernames
Some ideas for little space-themed usernames:
Stars in Space Names
Here are some ideas for space-themed usernames that feature stars:
Cool Space Names
Here are some ideas for cool space-themed names:
Unique Space Names
A few options for unique space-themed names:
Here are some space-themed names that you might find interesting:
You could also consider names inspired by celestial bodies, such as Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto.
Or you could choose names inspired by space exploration or science fiction, such as Enterprise, Atlantis, Discovery, and Star Trek.
Space Names in Japanese
Below are some space-themed names in Japanese that you might find interesting:
- 月 (Tsuki) – Moon
- 星 (Hoshi) – Star
- 宇宙 (Uchuu) – Universe
- 太陽 (Taiyou) – Sun
- 銀河 (Ginga) – Galaxy
- 火星 (Kasei) – Mars
- 木星 (Mokusei) – Jupiter
- 土星 (Dosei) – Saturn
- 天王星 (Ten’nousei) – Uranus
- 海王星 (Kaiousei) – Neptune
You could also consider names inspired by celestial bodies, such as 木賊星 (Mokuzai-sei) – Pluto, or space exploration or science fiction, such as 宇宙船 (Uchuu-sen) – spaceship.
Greek Space Names
Here are some Greek-inspired space names that you might find interesting:
- Andromeda – named after the constellation
- Helios – Greek god of the sun
- Orion – named after the constellation
- Phobos – Greek mythological figure, personification of fear, and also the name of one of Mars’ moons
- Titan – Greek mythological figures, a race of giants who were the children of the Earth goddess Gaia and the sky god Uranus
- Apollo – Greek god of the sun, music, and prophecy
- Gaia – Greek personification of the Earth
- Cronos – Greek mythological figure, the leader and the youngest of the first generation of Titans, the divine descendants of Uranus and Gaia
- Erebus – Greek personification of darkness and shadow
- Themis – Greek personification of divine law and order
You could also consider names inspired by celestial bodies, such as Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto, which are all named after Roman gods.
Or you could choose names inspired by space exploration or science fiction, such as Atlantis, Discovery, and Enterprise.
Space Shuttle Names
Below are the names of the space shuttles that have been used by NASA:
- Enterprise – Test vehicle that was used for approach and landing tests
- Columbia – First space-rated orbiter in NASA’s Space Shuttle fleet
- Challenger – Second space-rated orbiter in NASA’s Space Shuttle fleet
- Discovery – Third space-rated orbiter in NASA’s Space Shuttle fleet
- Atlantis – Fourth and final space-rated orbiter in NASA’s Space Shuttle fleet
Space Shuttle Endeavour was also built as a replacement for Challenger, but it was not given a name until after the Columbia disaster.
Endeavour was named through a nationwide competition in honor of the first ship commanded by James Cook, HMS Endeavour.
Space Mission Names
Here are some examples of space mission names:
- Apollo – NASA’s program to land humans on the moon
- Artemis – NASA’s program to return humans to the moon
- Cassini-Huygens – Joint NASA/ESA mission to study Saturn and its moons
- Chandra – NASA X-ray observatory
- Curiosity – NASA Mars rover mission
- Dawn – NASA mission to study the asteroid belt objects Ceres and Vesta
- Gemini – NASA’s program that paved the way for the Apollo program
- Juno – NASA mission to study Jupiter
- Kepler – NASA mission to search for exoplanets
- Mariner – Series of NASA missions to study Mars and Venus
There have been many other space missions, both manned and unmanned, conducted by various space agencies around the world.
Some notable examples include the International Space Station, the Hubble Space Telescope, and the Viking missions to Mars.
Spaceship Names (Spacecraft Names)
Here are some examples of spaceship names:
- Enterprise – Star Trek spacecraft
- Millennium Falcon – Star Wars spacecraft
- Serenity – Firefly spacecraft
- USS Discovery – Star Trek: Discovery spacecraft
- USS Defiant – Star Trek: Deep Space Nine spacecraft
- USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D – Star Trek: The Next Generation spacecraft
- Nostromo – Alien spacecraft
- Andromeda Ascendant – Andromeda spacecraft
- TARDIS – Doctor Who spacecraft
- Stargate Atlantis – Stargate Atlantis spacecraft
There have also been many real-life spacecraft that have been given names, such as the Apollo spacecraft that were used in the Apollo moon missions, and the Space Shuttle orbiters that were used by NASA.
Badass Space Names
Here are some suggestions for badass space names:
You could also consider names that are inspired by celestial bodies or space exploration, such as Nova, Cygnus, or Orion, and give them a more aggressive or intimidating twist.
Or you could choose names that are inspired by science fiction or popular culture, such as Starfire, Galactica, or Jedi.
FAQs – Space Names
What’s a cool galaxy name?
Here are some suggestions for cool galaxy names:
- Ursa Major
Also consider names that are inspired by mythological figures or celestial objects, such as Gaia, Helios, or Luna.
Some more abstract names that evoke a sense of mystery or otherworldliness, such as Cosmos, Infinity, or Void could be good as well.
What are some galaxy themed names?
Some ideas for galaxy-themed names:
What are celestial being names?
Celestial beings are mythical beings that are often associated with the heavens or the divine.
Here are a few ideas for celestial being names:
What are intergalactic names?
Intergalactic names are names that are inspired by the vastness and wonder of the universe beyond our own galaxy.
Below are a few ideas for intergalactic names:
- Ursa Major
What is a good cosmic name?
There are many different options for cosmic names, depending on what you’re looking for.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Nova: This name means “new” in Latin and is often used to refer to a bright star that suddenly increases in brightness.
- Aurora: This name means “dawn” in Latin and is often used to refer to the Northern Lights (also known as the Aurora Borealis).
- Orion: This name comes from Greek mythology, where Orion was a hunter who was placed among the stars. The constellation Orion is also named after him.
- Cygnus: This name comes from the Latin word for “swan” and is the name of a constellation in the Northern sky.
- Andromeda: This name comes from Greek mythology, where Andromeda was a princess who was rescued by the hero Perseus. The constellation Andromeda is also named after her.
What is a mystical name?
There are many different options for mystical names, depending on what you’re looking for.
Below are some options:
- Luna: This name means “moon” in Latin and is often associated with mystery and magic.
- Aria: This name means “air” or “song” in Italian and is often associated with music and the arts.
- Willow: This name comes from the type of tree and is often associated with magic and mystery.
- Avalon: This name comes from Arthurian legend and is the name of an island paradise where the mythical king Arthur was taken to heal after his final battle.
Conclusion – Space Names
When it comes to choosing a space name, the possibilities are endless.
From traditional Greek gods and celestial bodies to modern spacecraft and science fiction names, there is something for everyone.
Whether you’re looking for a cool galaxy name or an intergalactic moniker, there’s no shortage of inspiration out there!
Get creative and explore the endless possibilities when it comes to naming your next project or character.