If you’re thinking of having your own TV show someday or just trying to brainstorm the best TV show names and ideas, that’s exactly what we cover in this article.
Whether it’s comedy, drama, reality TV, or anything in between, a good TV show name can make or break the success of the show.
After all, it’s one of the first things that people will see and it needs to be attention-grabbing enough to make them want to watch.
Tips for Coming Up with TV Show Names
Here are some tips for coming up with great TV show names and ideas:
1. Keep it short and sweet
A long, windy title will likely turn people off.
2. Make sure it’s easy to spell and pronounce
You don’t want potential viewers getting frustrated when they can’t find your show because they can’t remember how to spell it!
3. Avoid using generic words like “show” or “series”
These are too general and won’t help your show stand out.
4. Be creative!
A great TV show name should be unique and memorable.
5. Think about what the show is about
Is it a comedy? A drama? Reality TV?
The name should give some hint of the genre so people know what they’re in for.
6. Brainstorm with friends or colleagues
Sometimes it helps to get some fresh ideas from other people.
7. Do a search online
See what other shows are out there and get some inspiration from them.
With that said, let’s get into the best TV show names and ideas.
Best TV Show Names
1) The Bachelor
3) The Biggest Loser
4) American Idol
5) So You Think You Can Dance
6) Dancing with the Stars
7) The Voice
8) Project Runway
9) Top Chef
10) The Amazing Race
11) Jersey Shore
12) Keeping Up with the Kardashians
13) Real Housewives (of any city!)
14) Mob Wives
15)(insert celebrity name here)’s reality show (i.e. Britney Spears’, Paris Hilton’s, etc.)
15) Celebrity Apprentice/The Celebrity Game Show/Celebrity Wife Swap, etc.
How SHOWS Were Named! 😂
Reality TV Show Names & Ideas
1. A dating show where people are set up on blind dates (e.g., The Bachelor, The Bachelorette)
2. A show where people compete in physical challenges (e.g., Survivor, The Amazing Race)
3. A show where people try to lose weight/get in shape (e.g., The Biggest Loser, Celebrity Fit Club)
4. A show where people compete in a talent competition (e.g., American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance)
5. A show that follows the lives of celebrities (e.g., Keeping Up with the Kardashians, The Real Housewives)
6. A show where people are put into difficult situations/have to survive in the wilderness (e.g., Man vs. Wild, Naked and Afraid)
7. A show where people are given a task/have to accomplish something within a certain time frame (e.g., The Apprentice, Project Runway)
8. A show that follows the lives of people in a particular profession (e.g., Dog the Bounty Hunter, Pawn Stars)
9. A show where people buy/sell things (e.g., Antiques Roadshow, Storage Wars)
10. A show where experts give advice on a particular subject (e.g., Dr. Phil, The Doctors)
11. A show where people buy/sell homes (e.g., Property Brothers, House Hunters)
12. A show about animals (e.g., The Crocodile Hunter, Animal Planet’s Meerkat Manor)
13. A show about fixing things/handyman tips (e.g., This Old House, How It’s Made)
14. A show about food (e.g., Iron Chef, Chopped)
15. A show about history (e.g., Mysteries at the Museum, The World War I in Color)
Unique, Cool, and Creative TV Show Names
1) 3D Mansions
2) A is for Alpha
3) Amarillo By Morning
4) American Dreams
5) Angel of the City
6) Atlanta Nights
9) Beverly Hills, 90210
10) Big Brother
11) Blue Bloods
12) Boston Legal
13) Brothers and Sisters
14) Burn Notice
17) Cold Case
18) Criminal Minds
19 CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
21 Dawson’s Creek
23 Dirty Sexy Money
24 Friday Night Lights
25 Gilmore Girls
26 Gossip Girl
28) Hawaii Five-0
31) How I Met Your Mother
33) Just Shoot Me!
34) King of the Hill
35) Kyle XY
36) Las Vegas
38) Lipstick Jungle
40 alias> MacGyver
41 Mad Men
43 Miami Vice
45 My Name Is Earl
47 One Tree Hill
48 Picket Fences
49 Prison Break
50) Private Practice
53) Rescue Me
55) Rules of Engagement
56) Samantha Who?
57 Sanford and Son
59 Sex and the City
61 Sons of Anarchy
63 St. Elsewhere
64 Stargate SG-1
65 ER Suits
67 The A-Team
68 The Amazing Race
69 The Apprentice
70 The Big Bang Theory
71 The Black Donnellys
72 The Borgias
73 The Bridge
TV Show Names Generator
These TV show names are auto-generated.
1) Yellow Diamonds
2) Caz and Hearst
3) The Trailer Park
5) Game Over
TV Show Names for Dogs (and Pets)
1) Animal Planet’s Meerkat Manor
2) The Dog Whisperer
3) It’s Me or the Dog
4) Dogs 101
5) Dogs in the City
6) Best Friends Forever
7) My Dog Ate What?
8) Who Let the Dogs Out?
9) Puppy Love
10) Too Cute!
Funny TV Show Names That Will Make You Laugh Harder Than You Should
1. American Horror Story: Coven
3. Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse
4. Bates Motel
5. Being Human (US)
6. Big Brother
8. Breaking Bad
Ideas for TV Show Names
1) The Hatchet
2) The Blacklist
3) The Following
4) The 100
5) The Leftovers
6) The Strain
7) The Last Ship
8) True Detective
9) From Dusk Till Dawn
10) Bates Motel
TV Show Names Ideas
1) The Office
2) Parks and Recreation
3) The Walking Dead
4) Game of Thrones
5) Stranger Things
6) Jessica Jones
7) Orange Is the New Black
8) House of Cards
10) Luke Cage
Good TV Show Names
1) “Breaking Bad”
2) “The Sopranos”
3) “The Wire”
4) “Mad Men”
5) “Game of Thrones”
6) “The Walking Dead”
8) “House of Cards”
9) “True Detective”
Reality TV Show Names Generator (Reality TV Show Names Ideas)
1) Where the Wild Things Are
2) Big Sister
3) Who Dunn It?
4) Have At It
5) Gross Negligence
6) The System
7) Company Policy
Fake Reality TV Show Names
1) Keeping Up with the Kardashians
2) The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
3) Jersey Shore
4) The Bachlorette
6) American Idol
7) The Voice
8) Dancing with the Stars
9) Project Runway
10) Big Brother
TV Show Names with Numbers
2) Third Rock from the Sun
3) 30 Rock
5) The 4400
6) Battlestar Galactica
7) Prison Break
12) Stargate Universe
14) Terra Nova
FAQs – TV Show Names
What are some tips for coming up with a TV show name?
1. Keep it short and sweet.
A lot of times, the best show names are the ones that are easy to remember and don’t require a lot of explanation.
2. Make sure it’s unique.
With so many shows on TV these days, you want to make sure your show stands out from the rest.
Choose a name that will help your show stand out in a lineup.
3. Consider your audience.
Who is your target audience? What kind of show are you trying to create?
Your show name should reflect the tone and style of your show.
4. Brainstorm with others.
Sometimes it helps to brainstorm with friends or colleagues to come up with the perfect TV show name.
Bouncing ideas off of others can help you narrow down your options and choose the best name for your show.
5. Do a quick search.
Before settling on a name, do a quick search online to make sure it’s not already being used.
You don’t want to accidentally choose a name that’s already been taken!
6. Test it out.
Once you’ve settled on a few potential names, test them out with friends and family to see which one they like best.
The feedback you receive can help you decide on the final name for your TV show.
How do I start my own TV show?
There’s no one answer to this question since there are a lot of different ways to start a TV show.
One option is to create your own pilot episode and submit it to various networks in the hopes of getting picked up.
Another option is to work with an established production company who can help you create and finance your show.
Or, if you have the means, you could self-finance and produce your own show independently.
There are many different ways to start a TV show, so it really depends on what route you want to take.
If you’re not sure where to start, we recommend doing some research online or talking to someone in the industry who can help guide you in the right direction.
Of course, you can always put your TV show on YouTube and establish your own audience.
How much does it cost to produce a TV show?
The cost of producing a TV show can vary greatly depending on the scope and scale of the project.
A simple, independent production could cost as little as a few thousand dollars, while a major network production could cost millions.
It really depends on the size and scope of the project as to how much it will cost to produce a TV show.
If you’re thinking about starting your own TV show, we recommend doing some research and talking to industry professionals to get a better idea of what kind of budget you’ll need.
Conclusion – TV Show Names
There are a lot of great TV show names out there, but if you’re looking for something unique, cool, and creative, then this list should help you out!
Hopefully you found a few that you like and will be able to use in the future.
If not, don’t worry, there are plenty more where these came from.