World of Warcraft is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) created by Blizzard Entertainment. It is the fourth released game set in the Warcraft fantasy universe.
In this article, we cover the best WOW names.
If you’re looking to create a new character in World of Warcraft, or simply want to change your current name to something more cool sounding, then this guide is for you.
When choosing a name for your World of Warcraft character, it’s important to pick one that not only sounds cool, but is also easy to remember and pronounce. After all, you don’t want to be stuck with a name that nobody can understand or pronounce!
How to Choose a WOW Name
Here are some tips for choosing the best WOW name:
1) Pick a name that is easy to remember and pronounce.
2) Avoid using complex words or names that are hard to spell.
3) Choose a name that reflects your personality or the type of character you want to play.
4) Try to come up with a unique name that will make you stand out from the crowd.
5) If you’re having trouble coming up with a name, try looking for inspiration in other places, such as books, movies, or video games.
Cool WOW Names
Now that you know how to choose the perfect WOW name, here are some of the best names to choose from:
1) Anderoth: This name sounds cool and is easy to remember and pronounce. It’s perfect for a character that is strong and powerful.
2) Arthas: This name is taken from the Warcraft universe and is perfect for a player who wants an epic sounding name.
3) Azeroth: Another great name taken from the Warcraft universe. It’s perfect for players who want a unique and different sounding name.
4) Durotan: This is an orc name that sounds fierce and intimidating. It’s perfect for players who want to create a character that is feared by others.
5) Gul’dan: Another orc name that is perfect for players who want a dark and evil sounding character.
6) Illidan: A demon hunter name that sounds both cool and threatening. It’s perfect for players who want to create a hardcore character.
7) Kael’thas: A blood elf name that sounds regal and noble. It’s perfect for players who want to create a sophisticated character.
8) Khadgar: A human mage name that has a mystical sound to it. It’s perfect for players who want to create a wise and knowledgeable character.
9) Lothar: A human name that is perfect for players who want to create a brave and heroic character.
10) Thrall: An orc shaman name that sounds both spiritual and warrior-like. It’s perfect for players who want to create a well-rounded character.
Best WOW Names
1) Illidan Stormrage
2) Sylvanas Windrunner
4) Anduin Wrynn
5) Jaina Proudmoore
6) Arthas Menethil
7) Garrosh Hellscream
10) Tyrande Whisperwind
11) Grommash Hellscream
14) Malfurion Stormrage
16) Illidan Stormrage
WoW – How to create every Name you want (Retail & Classic)
Funny WOW Names
2) Bob the Builder
4) Captain Blaze
5) Colonel Sanders
6) Darth Vader
8) Harry Potter
10) Luke Skywalker
11) Mr. T
12) Optimus Prime
13) Santa Claus
14) The Hulk
Creative WOW Names
Baddie WOW Names
WOW Names for Hunters
WOW Names Mage
Warlock WOW Names
How to make a WoW character name with special letters
WOW Names for Priest
Druid WOW Names
Troll WOW Names
WOW Names for Druids
Rogue WOW Names
WOW Paladin Names (Funny Paladin Names)
WOW Shaman Names (Funny Shaman Names)
1) Ashkii Dighin (blue-eyed boy in Navajo)
2) Baji Najin (lucky child in Mongolian)
3) Channing Tatum (actor’s name, obviously…)
4) Ewok Wanna-hug (cute little Star Wars character)
5) Gaia ( Greek goddess of the Earth)
6) Jabba the Hutt (another Star Wars character, this time a big and slimy one!)
7) Kuzco (from Disney’s The Emperor’s New Groove – he’s a llama!)
8) Miyamoto Musashi (a great Japanese swordsman)
9) Nakoma ( Native American name meaning “friend”)
10) Pocahontas (famous Native American princess)
11) She-Ra (from the 80s cartoon He-Man and She
Goblin Names WOW
Dwarf Names WOW (Funny, Good and Best Names for Dwarves Male and Female))
1) Gimli (from Lord of the Rings – he’s a dwarf!)
2) Thorin Oakenshield (another Lord of the Rings character, also a dwarf)
3) Grumpy (from Snow White – he’s a dwarf!)
4) Bashful (from Snow White – another dwarf!)
5) Dopey (you guessed it, yet another dwarf from Snow White)
6) Sneezy (yep, one more dwarf…)
7) Happy (finally, the last dwarf from Snow White)
8) Doc (yet another Lord of the Rings character, this time a wizard rather than a dwarf)
9) Gandalf (one of the most famous wizards in all of fantasy literature!)
10 Merlin (the legendary wizard from Arthurian legend)
11) Gloin (a character from The Hobbit – he’s a dwarf!)
12) Balin (another character from The Hobbit, also a dwarf)
13) Dwalin (you guessed it, yet another Dwarf from The Hobbit…)
14) Thorin II (the king of the Dwarves in The Hobbit)
15) Ori (yet another Dwarf from The Hobbit…)
16) Fili (another one of the Dwarves from The Hobbit…)
17) Kili (as if you couldn’t guess, yet another Dwarf from The Hobbit…)
18) Oin (that’s right, yet another Dwarf…)
19) Bifur (are you starting to see a pattern here?)
20) Bofur (yep, another Dwarf…)
21) Bombur (surprise, surprise, another Dwarf…)
22) Dori (you guessed it, yet another one…)
23) Nori (yet again, another Dwarf…)
24) Ori (and once more, we have a Dwarf…)
25) Glóin (the father of Gimli from Lord of the Rings)
26) Óin (one of the 13 Dwarves from The Hobbit)
27) Gróin (another one of the 13 Dwarves from The Hobbit)
WOW Character Names
Night Elf Names WOW
WOW Warrior Names
WOW Guild Names
Orc Names WOW
Why Orc? – A Compilation of Flawless Reasons | World of Warcraft
Undead Names WOW (Funny, Good and Best Names for Undeads Male and Female))
1) Acherus (the world where the undead were created, in Warcraft lore)
2) Arthas (the man who became the Lich King)
3) Sylvanas (the banshee queen and ruler of the undead)
4) Ner’zhul (the orc shaman who was the first Lich King)
5) Kel’Thuzad (the necromancer who created the Cult of the Damned)
6) Mal’Ganis (a powerful demon who was one of the chief antagonists in Warcraft lore)
7) Varimathras (a demon lord who served Sylvanas after she betrayed Arthas)
8) Mephistroth (a powerful demon lord who is one of the chief antagonists in Warcraft lore)
9) Balnazzar (a demon lord who masqueraded as a human bishop)
10) Detheroc (a demon lord who was one of the chief antagonists in Warcraft lore)
11) Kazzak (a powerful demon who was one of the chief antagonists in Warcraft lore)
12) Kaz’rogal (a powerful demon who was one of the chief antagonists in Warcraft lore)
13) Doomguard (a type of demonic creature that is used as a mount by some warlocks in World of Warcraft)
21) Pit Lord
24) Dark Phoenix
25) Mortal Coil (a spell that is used by some warlocks in World of Warcraft)
27) Siphon Life
28) Health Funnel
29) Fel Flame
30) Soul Fire
51) Dark Phoenix
52) Mortal Coil
53) Siphon Life
Worgen Names WOW (Good, Funny and Best Names for Worgens Male and Female))
- Worgen names are usually monosyllabic, and end with a hard consonant sound.
- Worgen names often have Germanic or Celtic roots.
- Worgen female names tend to be softer sounding than male names.
- Worgen surnames are often descriptive of the person’s physical appearance or personality.
Here are some good Worgen names:
WOW Pet Names
1) Spirit Beast
9) Blood Elf Hound
14) Wind Serpent
15) Carrion Bird
WOW Dragon Names
- Dragon names in WOW are often based on mythological beings or real world cultures.
- Dragons are often named after their elemental affinity, such as “Fire”, “Water”, “Air”, or “Earth”.
- Some dragons are named after their habitats, such as “Mountain” or “Sea”.
- Other dragon names are more fanciful, such as “Dream” or “Night”.
Here are some good WOW dragon names:
3) Aspect of Death
WOW Classic Server Names
- WOW classic server names are often based on the server’s theme or focus.
- For example, a “PvP” server might be named “Battle for Azeroth”, while a “role-playing” server might be named “Stormwind”.
- Some servers are named after famous locations in the game, such as “Blackrock Mountain” or “The Barrens”.
- Others are named after real world cultures or mythologies, such as “Viking” or “Celtic”.
Here are some good WOW classic server names:
1) The Emerald Dream
3) Blackwing Lair
5) Molten Core
6) Onyxia’s Lair
7) The Ruins of Gilneas
8) The Barrens
9) Dustwallow Marsh
15) Un’Goro Crater
Cute WOW Names
10) Cotton Candy
WOW Blood Elf Names
Humorous WOW Names
1. Draenei named “Alliance” in Stormwind City. (This was before they were added as a playable race.)
2. Male Human Paladin named “Beefcake the Mighty”
3. Female Orc Warrior named “Stabby Lulu”
4. Male Tauren Druid named “Bronto Burgers”
5. Female Troll Priestess named “Sister Sassy”
6. Male Blood Elf Hunter named “Legolas Greenleaf” (Yes, like the character from Lord of the Rings)
7. Female Undead Rogue named “Mcstabby”
8. Male Gnome Mage named “Jaina Proudmoore” (Yes, like the character from Warcraft III)
9. Female Draenei Shaman named “Totemtastic”
10. Male Dwarven Warrior named ” Gimli son of Gloin” (Yes, like the character from Lord of the Rings)
11. Female Human Paladin named “Arwen Undomiel”
12. Male Night Elf Druid named “Frodo Baggins”
13. Female Night Elf Priestess named “Galadriel”
14. Male Draenei Hunter named “Legolas Greenleaf”
15. Female Blood Elf Rogue named “Aragorn son of Arathorn”
World of Warcraft Background
World of Warcraft takes place within the Warcraft world of Azeroth, approximately four years after the events at the conclusion of Blizzard’s previous Warcraft release, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. Blizzard Entertainment announced World of Warcraft on September 2, 2001.
The game was released on November 23, 2004, on the 10th anniversary of the Warcraft franchise.
World of Warcraft is set in the same fictional universe as Blizzard’s other games such as StarCraft and Diablo. However, it introduces a variety of new elements to the lore while still retaining many familiar elements.
Characters, locations and items from previous games such as Warcraft: Orcs & Humans and Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness are present in World of Warcraft, as are elements from Blizzard’s newer franchises Diablo and StarCraft.
There are two primary factions in the game: the Alliance and the Horde.
The Alliance is composed of humans, dwarves, night elves, gnomes, and draenei; while the Horde contains orcs, tauren, undead, trolls, and blood elves.
Players can choose to be one of eleven character races within these factions: humans, orcs, dwarves, night elves, tauren, gnomes, trolls (Horde only), blood elves (Horde only), draenei (Alliance only) and the newly introduced worgen (Alliance only) and goblins (Horde only).
Once a player has chosen a race, they must select one of two primary professions: mining or herbalism; blacksmithing or leatherworking; alchemy or jewelcrafting; tailoring or enchanting.
Players are also able to learn up to two “secondary” professions, which include cooking, fishing, first aid, archaeology and many others.
Players are also able to choose from a variety of “specializations” within their class, which further refine and focus their abilities.
FAQS – WOW Names
What are factions in WOW?
Players can choose to join one of two factions: the Alliance or the Horde. The Alliance is composed of humans, dwarves, night elves, gnomes, and draenei; while the Horde contains orcs, tauren, undead, trolls, and blood elves.
Once a player has chosen a faction, they must select one of eleven character races within that faction: humans, orcs, dwarves, night elves, tauren, gnomes, trolls (Horde only), blood elves (Horde only), draenei (Alliance only) and the newly introduced worgen (Alliance only) and goblins (Horde only).
Once a player has chosen their race and faction, they must then select one of two primary professions: mining or herbalism; blacksmithing or leatherworking; alchemy or jewelcrafting; tailoring or enchanting.
Players are also able to learn up to two “secondary” professions, which include cooking, fishing, first aid, archaeology and many others.
What are the common characteristics of WOW names?
There is no one answer to this question as players have a lot of freedom when it comes to naming their characters. However, there are some general trends that can be observed.
For example, many players choose names that reflect the race and class of their character. For instance, a human warrior might be named “Aragorn” after the famous Lord of the Rings character, while an orc shaman might be named “Thrall” after the leader of the Horde in Warcraft III.
In addition, many players also choose names that are based on pop culture references, inside jokes, or just something they find funny. For example, one of the most popular names for gnomes is “Tinyscale” which is a play on the word “tiny”.
Finally, some players just choose names that they think sound cool or look good on their character. This is often the case with blood elf characters, who have a lot of naming options that are based on their unique culture and history.
What are the types of characters in WOW?
There are eleven character races in World of Warcraft: humans, orcs, dwarves, night elves, tauren, gnomes, trolls (Horde only), blood elves (Horde only), draenei (Alliance only) and the worgen (Alliance only) and goblins (Horde only).
Each race has its own unique history, culture and set of abilities. For example, orcs are a fierce and warlike race that have traditionally been at odds with the Alliance. In contrast, gnomes are a small and clever race that are known for their engineering prowess.
Players can choose to be any one of these races when they create their character. Once a player has chosen their race, they cannot change it. However, they can choose to change their character’s appearance through the use of different hairstyles, skin colors and tattoos.
When choosing a race, players should consider which one will best fit their desired class and playstyle. For example, night elves are a stealthy and agile race that work well for classes that require these qualities such as rogues and druids. Tauren, on the other hand, are a large and strong race that excel in melee combat, making them ideal for classes such as warriors and paladins.
Ultimately, the choice of which race to play is up to the player and there is no wrong answer. All of the races in World of Warcraft are interesting and have their own unique stories to tell.
Conclusion – WOW Names
In conclusion, there is no one right way to choose a name for your World of Warcraft character. However, there are some general trends that can be observed.
Many players choose names that reflect the race and class of their character, that are based on pop culture references, or that they simply think sound cool or look good on their character.
As the player, you have a lot of freedom when it comes to naming your character. So take your time, consider all of your options, and choose a name that you will be happy with for a long time to come.